In a successful attempt to solve the issue of traffic overpopulation, Egypt’s government came up with a project that would both provide a solution and enhance life in general. After years of persistent development, Egypt launched the New Administrative Capital.
The new administrative capital is a huge fruitful investment of Egypt’s resources to build a city for its citizens. New Capital gives people a pleasant taste of the high life and leaves them satisfied with all their needs met at every end. There is not one service that isn’t available in New Capital, from residential areas to education systems to job opportunities. Here you would find comfort, little pollution, and a modern aesthetic to please your eyes. The city is the next step evolution of Egypt.
The Positioning of New Capital Egypt
It is no coincidence that the New Capital is positioned strategically so that people residing there could easily reach it or any other place from it. The developers carefully planned and studied its location for maximum efficiency. Listed below are the highlights and benefits that came with the positioning of the new administrative capital:
- It’s located close to Cairo city’s old capital, such that it is only about 60 meters away.
- It’s near the main road and highways leading to Ain Sokhna as well as Suez Road.
- It’s easy to get to and leave from because it’s positioned close to the Regional Ring Road which helps people almost any place.
- It is at a small distance from famous residential areas such as Madinaty and Al-Mostaqbal with just a few miles.
- New Badr city is located at the outskirts of New Capital city and it is thought to become the residency of the city’s employees.
- There are also gardens in the new administrative city that will be the headquarters of the smart city Nour that will be built on the outskirts of the new capital.
The Area of the New Capital
The New capital was built on a fairly large area so that it can cover every aspect and service expected of it. Its area spreads across about 168,000 acres of space. Rumor has it that the area of the new administrative capital is equivalent to the entire area of Singapore. This generous space is fairly distributed among the facilities such that:
- The first development level that will be implemented is estimated to take up 40,000 acres.
- The second development level is estimated to take up 47,000 acres of space and the third and final level will take up approximately 97,000 acres.
- The space will be used efficiently on multiple development cycles where different projects will be built and finished.
- The new capital is designed to be home for so many people up to 18 million residents.
- It is said that by 2050, the city will be able to take up over 40 million people.
- About 55,000 acres of the new capital is designated solely to implement services and benefits for residents.
- A lot of the space is used for beautiful landscapes, green areas, and water surfaces to provide fresh air and a magnificent view.
- The city is designed meeting the governmental standards to preserve the country to minimize pollution and maximize health.
- For entertainment purposes, a large central park spacing approximately 8 kilo meters is built in the city. It is measured to be as twice as wide than New York’s infamous Central Park and bigger than London’s Hyde Park.
Egypt’s New Capital Map
Egypt’s new capital has been carefully designed and mapped out in precision so that people would have a clear view of this new city. The map shows that:
- Future plans point that people will be able to get to the new capital using Bin Zayed road.
- There’s a temporary alternative to get to the city which is through 2 Jandali Road.
- A green pollution free area will be constructed in the city that would spread through 13 valleys or residential areas i.e., 40% of the city.
- 70% of the capital is designated for solar energy mining and it would be placed on high rooftops of residential buildings.
- 35% of the new capital’s area is specified for the financial, business and banking sector.
- Furthermore, about 16 kilometers is preserved for building the first major international airport within the city.
New Capital of Egypt Services
As mentioned earlier, the new administrative capital is a project that aims to help Egypt evolve and raise the bar of living for its citizens. The New capital covers all the basic needs of citizens so that they don’t ever have to leave. Listed below are the key services and benefits of the project:
- Capital Park which is the city’s central park taking up 1000 acres 10 kilo meters wide.
- A green river that’s 35 kilometer long passing through the entire city, with gardens and entertainment areas looking over it from all around free of charge to residents.
- Foolproof security systems
- Electrical subway trains “Motorel” to get to the city built with the help of top-notch Chinese and American companies.
- Sport clubs, conference buildings, business sites, as well as fairgrounds.
- Medical facilities
Districts of the New City
The New Administrative Capital is divided into different districts to maintain order and to cover a variety of needs. As follows:
- Government district
- Business and finance sector district
- Central Business district
- Diplomatic district
- Residential district
Key Projects in the New Administrative Capital
- مسجد الفتاح العليم.
- كاتدرائية ميلاد المسيح.
- Al-Fatah Al-Alim Mosque
- Canadian University
- Medical and shopping malls
- Al-Masa Hotel